Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

01 September 2009

Where did those hot summers go?


The Long Hot Summer:
A Calendar Quirk Stretches the Season

Summer just won't end. It goes on, and on and on.

Memorial Day was on May 25, its earliest calendar arrival; Labor Day, that signals the conclusion of summer, is September 7, the latest calendar date.

School for children in NY is September 7. In Boro Park the younger children are back from camp, the older boys have already begun their Elul zman. But since it seems we have this extra 'summertime' week, everyone is really enjoying it immensely.

If you are in the NY area you know the weather this week so far is amazing, it couldn't be better, B"H.

"Zachary, 16, was fishing in Prospect Park, taking full advantage of the 'extra summertime', "Very few people want to go back to school ... it gives us more time. Another person said, "It's so ingrained in you, you get that little nervousness about summer being over." This person is putting that 'extra summertime' to good use and flying off to Italy. So says the NewYorkTimes.

Where are those 'good ole days' when the heat made you sit on a block of ice, or open those hydrants to cool off?
Well I remember back in May and June and July waiting for those blistering sweltering hot days to finally arrive, so I could feel the heat, and know I was getting the best vitamin D available. I grew up with hot, hot summers of Philadelphia, and I kinda miss them.

I don't know about you, but I had to wait for (only) two weeks in August to reminisce about those 'hot summers'.
Does this feel like global warming to you?

No comments:

Reb Neuberger: HASHEM HURLED PARO’S ARMY INTO THE SEA

    I did not expect to send out another mailing before  Pesach , but a Great Miracle has occurred.   I must admit my shortcomings. I did no...