Due to Blogger Format Changes

Due to Blogger Format Changes, Posts Will Be Shortened With LINKS to ORIGINAL NO MORE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS: they will be deleted. YOU MUST USE A NAME OR MONIKER!

25 August 2011

Possible September Attack on Israeli Internet/Email

I found the following discussion on an email list. Because of the nature of the info, I am posting it here, without names. Maybe Muqata or Mystical or anyone else that might have connections could verify or add to this possible internet nightmare:

"I sent email to ... yahoo group list with copy of warning message from my Internet provider, Triple C, which was about one week ago, telling me that Gaza hackers plan to go after all Israel web sites in September. They did not publish this message. Also in their message, Triple C offered free protection from hackers for September. Maybe ... moderator decided that it is for sale purpose. I don't know. How to protect your computer? Use only HTTPS protocol. If web site displays HTTP (on the top of a browser) use it only for display information, not for any transactions, or with your personal data. You can add "S" to move to HTTPS. Yahoo email, which we use here, uses HTTP. And I tried to change to HTTPS without success. All our info we type here can be visible to anyone, including hackers. Also if you don't have Internet protective software it is time to get it. Scan your computer against viruses using ... software every day"

"When I tried to watch the Jerusalem Online News it turned up saying Hema Virus - Egyptian Hackers will be going into all Israeli internet news, military , banking and other websites. And quite a few other choice comments about Israel.  This is quite scary. Does anyone know how this will affect my computer. I am worried about checking my bank account online now also. Anyone else see this?"

No comments:

Reb Ginsbourg – Tsav: The challenge of a depleted pocket

  The word "tsav" is found only concerning the Korban Tamid. Why? Rav Baruch Halevi Epstein  notes that our Parasha opens with the...